Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mutually Encouraged

Greetings from Ireland everyone!

I'm in the airport on my way to Paris right now, so I've got wifi for a little while and I've been able to catch up on all your posting/comments. Unfortunately, blogger hasn't been letting me comment from the mobile app, but know that I have been reading and praying for you all!

This little tidbit from Romans really got me:

"I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I might be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." (1:11-12)

How little I think about this! Does my faith encourage the believers around me or doesn't it? This has especially been on my mind while I'm here visiting Catherine. My prayer the whole time has been to find ways to encourage her and also to celebrate how he's working in her life.

There's a whole list of other people too (including you, Kiks!) that I'm communicating with from afar these days. Am I striving to be mutually encouraged by each other's faith?

And what about the people around me? If I'm not striving for the same thing at home, how can I expect to find it elsewhere?

Abba, strengthen my faith, not for me but so that the /body/ might be encouraged together!

No comments:

Post a Comment